Power is nothing without a (master) controller

Power is nothing without a (master) controller

Power is nothing without a (master) controller 1265 754 Spii

Italian technology

“Power is nothing without control” said a famous slogan of the Pirelli brand, for the first time 25 years ago. The company, global leader in the production of premium and prestige tires, is a worldwide symbol of innovation, Italian spirit and cutting-edge technology.

J.R. Moehringer, American writer and journalist, in the short story “The control of power” dedicated to sport, underlined: “Everyone happens to think, wrongly, that great athletes, actors, painters, doctors, entrepreneurs and so on are gifted with special powers. We all actually have special powers. Successful people are those who manage to keep these powers under control in a lasting and constant way “.

With Pirelli, we share the same inspiration: at the center of SPII’s work there is undoubtedly technology at the service of control, capable of guaranteeing high quality and safety standards in the transport sector. Furthermore, our determination, perseverance, passion and experience in the market mean that our customers can always rely on our competences.

And which product, in a train, best embodies these concepts of control, precision and reliability? The master controller.

The human at the center

Traction and braking controllers are designed to meet the needs, in terms of ergonomics and style, of drivers.  Through tactile feedback, they can enjoy a comfortable, reliable and safe driving experience. The human is at the center and the interaction with the vehicle through the interfaces, levers and buttons, is completely customizable and configurable. Electrical and pneumatic connections and / or communication protocols (Can Open, Ethernet, Profinet, etc …), SIL certification, are just some of the possibilities we offer.

Over the years we have developed a wide range of solutions and technologies and we have dealt with applications and standards all over the world, always attentive to the care of every little detail.

Although, in economic terms, the master controller only represents 0.02% of an entire railway vehicle, its intrinsic value is priceless. If it doesn’t work properly, the remaining 99.98% of the train’s value loses its utility.

So, don’t be deceived by its small size! Precision mechanics, electromechanical, pneumatic and electronic systems are perfectly integrated into a system that must be Reliable, Available, Maintainable and Safe.

It is difficult for science and technology, in their general lines, to surpass science fiction. But in many, small and unexpected details there will always be absolute surprises that science fiction writers have never thought of.

Isaac Asimov

Do you want to learn more? Click here! https://www.spii.eu/our-solutions/intellicockpit-solutions/master-controller/

See you next time!

Valentina Marrese